Gaseous or liquid fluid systems in hazardous locations demand the toughest pressure switches. These components must incorporate heavy-duty designs that offer exceptional accuracy despite harsh environmental conditions. They must also carry the right safety ratings, guaranteeing reliable operation in applications like offshore exploration and petrochemical processing.
Our 703-U and 703-UJ Series of UL-rated, explosion-proof pressure switches fit the bill. These heavy-duty components feature a corrosion-resistant stainless steel construction and UL ratings for hazardous locations, including:
- Class 1: Division 1, Groups A, B, C, D
- Class 2: Division 1, Groups E, F, G
With high overpressure capabilities and a NEMA Type 7 explosion-proof rating, the 703-U/UJ Series integrate a rugged piston design, which enables these switches to withstand high pressure spikes, shock and vibration. The 703-U Series features factory-set fixed pressure, while the 703-UJ features field-adjustable pressure. Designed for easy field adjustment, the 703-UJ also incorporates a tamper-resistant locking mechanism to maintain set point integrity.
Additional features and specifications of the 703-U/UJ Series include:
- Pressure range: 6 to 5,000 PSI
- Temperature range: -40 to +180°F (703-U Series)
- Pressure connection: 1/4-inch–18 NPT (male) and 1/2-inch–14 NPT (male)
- Single pole double throw (SPDT) option
- Double pole double throw (DPDT) option
- 1/2-inch NPT electrical connection with five full threads for conduit engagement
- Factory-sealed lead wires — Type UL 1015 AWG #18, 24 inches long
- Hydraulic and electric modules AISI 316 stainless steel
Thanks to their durable construction, 703-U/UJ pressure switches boast exceptional accuracy and repeatability — even in explosive environments. And, they guarantee a long service life; the units’ snap-action electrical switch is tested to 1 million cycles. For these reasons, the 703-U and 703-UJ Series are ideal for applications like off-shore exploration, petrochemical processing, oil and gas pipelines, control panels and industrial OEM equipment.
To learn more, please visit our product page.