Immediate opening for a mechanical engineer with experience in the design of small pneumatic and hydraulic assemblies such as pressure switches, valves, gauges, small pumps, and/or small electro-mechanical devices. The successful individual will join the new product development team in our Riverdale, New Jersey facility to conceptualize and design and develop new products such as pressure switches, transducers, aneroids, thermostats, and bellows assemblies. The mechanical engineer will be the mechanical project lead for new projects and interact with customers, sales, suppliers, manufacturing, and quality throughout all phases of the product development cycle. Other responsibilities include support of existing products and product improvement initiatives, ECO generation, creation of test plans, and overseeing prototype assembly and test.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- Five to seven years of relevant design experience
- Proficient in the use SolidWorks, FEA, and geometric tolerancing
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated creative thinking in new product development environment
- Skillful in the selection of materials based on mechanical and chemical properties
- Experience interacting with machinists and prototype shops
- Proven ability to generate DOEs, POCs, and test plans to verify concepts and designs
- Understanding of configuration control management
We offer an excellent salary commensurate with experience, 401K, financial incentives based on realized company’s goals, flexible hours, and a comprehensive medical benefits package.
Sigma-Netics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.